Thursday, May 04, 2006

Birthday Blues

A better title for this blog entry could be “When Nishu turns Chiru”, but then it would have made it seem like a sequel to ‘When Minority turns Majority”. Whereas, this blog entry is totally different, non-serious stuff, corresponding to a small group of friends – Nausena and hence not many people would be able to relate to it.

So people, by ‘Birthday Blues’ and ‘When Nishu turns Chiru’, I think I have given enough hint what is it about.

Remember the college days, when Chiru invariably used to forget Birthdays. I distinctively remember one incident when we made him mug a list of birth dates of all friends
(of course all the wrong dates :-)

The next morning, Chiru proudly announced that he knew everyone’s birthday then.
Shipra asked her birth date. He said ‘March 8’
She got irritated “You don’t even remember my Bday”
(Shipra, whose birth date is March 1, thinks, the date is too simple to forgot)

Chiru reply was classic
Dekha, I told u guys that Shipra bday is not March 8, it is in Feb”.

So what’s with Nishu now? Yes you guessed it right. Yesterday night she was contemplating Harsh’s birth date is December 16 or 18 and that of Chaitanya is Jan 21 or 22.
(For the benefit of others, who are in same boat as Nishu, Harsh’s birthday is Dec 17 and Chaitanya’s is Jan 24)

And I came to know last night that Chiru’s bday is on May 21 :-)

Ps :- If I am killed tonight, you know whom to catch.

4 Comments:

At May 04, 2006 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!
lemme complete it before I KILL ‘the poor soul’.
I did remember those dates, its just that I took lil longer to recollect the corresponding names.
And I could tell her the correct B’dates(in first try;)) for rest people, whom she conveniently missed to mention.
Anyways!!
But when is chiru’s Bday then; isn’t it 21st May?
Everyone has right to curse me on this except Chiru:D

 
At May 05, 2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Shilpi said...

I am sure Chiru will understand, for the number of times he has asked me Nishu's birth date in the past :)

Btw people, shall we get to a consensus, whether to tell Nishu the actual date or celebrate Chiru's bday on May 21
(Consensus - have I said something impossible)

 
At May 05, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Piyush said...

Well, lets have consensus on the above consensus, that is not to go for consensus when it comes to changing birth dates... I for one don't want my Bdate never to be decided.

But, it is sad but true that the disease borne initially by Chiru n Pant to some extent is catching on. Last year I missed chatur's bday by one day .. Sorry dude!!

Infact the technically challenged Pant has gone for some kind of diary / alarm ..something which reminds him every time a Bday is approaching.Way to go, man.

PS: Anonymous, Chiru's Bday is 23 May

 
At May 05, 2006 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he he

My erstwhile fraternity is developing...

waise I am turning out to be a better one in remembering dates now..In fact if I am not wrong I have actually reminded many of u in the past few months abt bday of many others in Nausena and outside....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home