Thursday, November 17, 2005

'Float'ing Pleasure

I am writing blog after long…….My dear readers, I will be regular on blog for some time now
This reflects I am again on ‘float’ :-)

Float– People in IT will understand…it’s a time when you may use office resources – internet, printer, library, canteen to their fullest, may come late to office, leave early, do all your pending household chores, chat on mails and phones for hours, and (most importantly) write blogs daily; and yet no body in office complains about it ;-)
you are badshah of your time…..you draw your fat salary doing absolutely nothing
In short, it’s a fantasy, dreamland……and I love it :-)
(Still most people hate to be on 'float', I think young Indian engineers just love to work)

Imagine what 'Scott Adams' would have written on ‘float’ing syndrome

Ashok (our dear IITian) –---- I want work, I want good work
Boss ----- What about the work I assigned to you yesterday?
Ashok –--- I already finished it the day before yesterday…
Boss ---- ......but I assigned it yesterday only
Ashok ----
I realized the need of that work last week only, but since your brain works 70% slower than me, there had to be a delay of three days till you realize the need. So according to my calculation, I knew you would assign it to me day before yesterday. Accordingly I finished it in time.
But I think due to your latest head injury, your brain has slowed down even more. So you gave me the work one day later…
Boss ..................................................................

Dilbert ----– Why cant he just check mails, browse, eat and relish the ‘float’ing pleasure (like me)


4 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Ravi said...

Hehe nice one Shilpi. Only seasoned engineers learn to enjoy the free time of floating existence. It takes some time for young enthusiastic junta to find out things other than work they could do in the free time.

But then there are MBA's who simply reach a new high for their love for the floating existence. There is no comparison for this breed. They have a floating existence, they enjoy it, & yet they can justify each & every waste of time that they might have done!

 
At November 23, 2005 12:47 PM, Blogger Jammy said...

Nice dilbert flick Shilpi. May be you can start your own strip and continue as long as you are 'afloat'.
As far as the reason for hating floating is considered, it is coz u decrease your market value by being on float.

@Ravi
I don't think MBAs like being on float. Examples lie before you.

 
At December 29, 2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Jammy said...

Didn't you say "I will be regular on blog for some time now"?

 
At January 02, 2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Shilpi said...

:D Ya I did say that
Par yeh zaalim duniya
My organization could not see my delight...I got loads of work :-((

 

Post a Comment

<< Home